BATAVIA, N.Y. — Firefighters in Batavia were worried that someone was trapped inside a house after a fire on Monday in Batavia, at Stafford Townline Road.
Crews responded to a fully involved kitchen fire. Crews say they found heavy fire coming from both the front and back of the home. They also say everyone was able to make it out of the building.
two dogs also safely got out.
Fire officials believe a propane furnace may have played a role
“It looks like something that was near the kitchen but may have been in the basement, but caused the kitchen to become first involved,” said Genesee County Fire Coordinator Tim Yager. “Based on the damage of the house itself, we can see the location of the fire within the building, where the most damage is, but we’re still gonna keep looking.”
No one was hurt. Fire officials brought in heavy equipment to make sure the structure is safe.