BATAVIA, IL — Fall is a great time to get outside in Illinois and take in the rich offering of festivals.
The changing colors of autumn provide a scenic background for fall and harvest festivals, which have contests ranging from apple bobbing and pumpkin carving to lumberjack contests and Halloween parades.
Fall is also the season for corn mazes, pumpkin patches and apple orchard visits.
Here are a few festivals and events in and near Batavia worth putting on the calendar:
- Check out Halloween displays in Geneva. Plus, visit Plainfield to see the viral “Stranger Things”-themed sensation at a house off Route 59.
- Attend one of Sidecar Supper Club’s many October events, including Queer Halloween Oct. 22.
- Stop by a fall festival at one of the many farms near Batavia for activities ranging from corn mazes and pumpkin picking to zip lining and petting zoos.
- Visit the Geneva Park District for fall fun.
- Take part in BatFest, a Halloween-themed event happening Oct. 29 in downtown Batavia.