BATAVIA, IL — October is here, and that means Halloween is just a few weeks out. This year, the spooky holiday falls on a Monday.
The City of Batavia set its recommended trick-or-treating hours for 3-7 p.m. Oct. 31.
Ahead of the holiday, the Batavia Police Department shared a few tips to help make trick-or-treating safe and enjoyable:
- Walk in small groups, not alone.
- Bicycles and skateboards should be left at home.
- Younger children should be accompanied by adults.
- Costumes should not restrict vision.
- Use stick-on reflective material generously.
- Carry a flashlight if out after dark.
- Only give or accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Parents should examine candy carefully before children are allowed to eat it.
- Cross at crosswalks only.
RELATED: Patch’s Best 2022 Halloween Yard Haunts: DuPage And Kane Counties